Friday, August 26, 2011

Like a Phoenix

Its been almost 10 months since the last post. Sadly we fell off track. Taps went off for his engineering; I doubt on the amount of work from him. Akshay and myself went busy in trying to sort out the mess in our personal lives.

The past 10 months has been a roller-coster ride for me personaly, A shift from a not-so-doing-well tourism company to "technical support" for mobile devices in the UK to "database operations (sybase), scripting (in unix), front-middle-and-back end application support, application testing and maintainance and dealing with requests pertaining to financial instruments" at the worlds largest asset manager in less than 6 months has been taxing both physically and mentally.

Now that I have a steady job that I enjoy and that supports me to do what I want. Free time to do things I enjoy and love; I think I'm all set to get in the grove and speed things up on the game front.

Its just awesome to work in an environment that allows me to apply my technical know-how and "economics and business management education" at the same time. The learning of networking, data and file security and storage, transfer of information on a single platform over a wide range of operating systems - globally :- And on the job :) is sure to be of help in the building up of the basic game architecture. And to top it all, being out there working in the midst of wall street firms in todays volatile environment has surely helped me understand the working of the finance industry and global economics which I'm sure will be of great use later on in integrating the game economy with the real world.

I aim to have a pre-alpha version ready in 4 years time (by September 1, 2015) that includes a game world, character interaction i.e. chat and trade, a combat system - PvP and PvE and basic skills in place. And maybe integrate it with the real world economy by 2017 - Second Life and Entropia Universe have a successful model so we'll need to study those. It would be even more fascinating if we manage to get the currency strong enough to match the GBP( as per today's standards: Stronger than the dollar, euro and yuan) - That would be my education put to good use.

My aim is not to make a game for earning money - as long as the game pays for itself, I'm happy.

Looks like the side project that I've been working on is bringing out the writer in me...lol. I'll get a few more concept art and literature ready in the meanwhile and leave this post to rest.

PS: Don't mind the typos as I've been working for like 9+ hrs and haven't slept properly in the last 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment