Monday, November 8, 2010

What did I get into! /o\

Though we(me, Aditya & Tapan) decided to make a MMORPG in August, Aditya has been talking about making an MMORPG for 2 years and I resigned from my job to start working as a independent web developer & have more time to start working on Project X, the enormity of this whole endeavor has just hit me.
Earlier, Project X was just an idea, a dream & I've had tonnes of those and all of those remained just ideas, nothing more. Just a few months ago I was a lazy college student who cut classes even though he had just 2 days of college a week(last semester ftw!). Now I am starting my own company.
Its surreal. Its also scary & I have a lot(& probably the most) to lose if this goes bust.
But successes of independent game designers, like Radu Privantu who made Eternal Lands, a free MMORPG, Evan Blaster, whose game Infinite Blank" is one of the most interesting ideas I've seen and many other independent game devs, give me the belief that we can pull this off.
Okay, enough rumination gotta get to work. Here's to Project X, hope it attains the same success as Station X(Bletchley Park) did :D

-Akshay

PS - Aditya didn't vote for a sci fi game, he voted for a contemporary game -.-

1 comment: